I’ve got sooo much love for this couple and their wedding at Shadow Creek last spring! It was a beautiful day (obviously) but what fills me with joy more than the fact that we avoided a huge rainstorm is what this wedding day is truly celebrating. Colleen and Matt have known each other over 10 years (read more about that on their engagement session post here) so their wedding was manyyy years in the making. Families and friends that have supported them all this time came together for an absolutely incredible day. I actually went to middle school with Colleen and Matt so I had a little reunion seeing childhood friends at their wedding too! So many hugs throughout the day 🙂
A few of my favorite moments:
– Colleen’s first look with her cute grandpa. He is SO precious and I loved when he would throw up peace signs for pictures throughout the day.
– Both Matt & Colleen were pretty antsy before their first look but as soon as they got to see, hug, and talk to each other, they were alllll good. No nerves, just super relaxed and excited for the rest of the day.
– I loved how Colleen included her Irish heritage into the wedding with a signature cocktail.
– How cool is the leather jacket Colleen wore at the end of the night?! Her mom actually got that jacket made for her!
– Their dance party was INSANE and included fireball shots and songs from high school.
– This was my first time shooting at Shadow Creek Weddings and it turns out this venue is actually owned by a family I went to church with growing up!
Venue: Shadow Creek Weddings & Events / Planner: Ashlee Virginia Events & Design / Dress: Stella York by La Reve Bridal / Invitations: Basic Invite / Flowers: Dragon Fly Events & Design / Suits: The Black Tux / Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Azazie / Catering and Dessert: Purple Onion Catering / Hair & Makeup: Claudine Fay / Rings: Ritani